I'm Natalie, and I'm looking for someone to help me design a fantastic new food blog!
I'm currently using Google's Blogger, but find that I can't include some of the things I'd like to. My blog can be found at http://letmefeedyoumelbourne.blogspot.com.au. Please take a look to see the type of work I do.
These are the features I would like to include on my new blog:
- A logo/title art. Something modern and quite simple, not sure what you can do here. I'm happy to have a sort of ribbon photograph or illustration running along the top of the page with the title of the blog included.
- A short sub-title underneath the heading with a sentence about me and the blog.
- A new aesthetic. I want something clean and beautiful with lots of white space and one feature colour (blue or a peachy orange). The focus should be on the photos I include in my posts, not the background. The blog is supposed to convey energy, warmth and youthfulness. It's about yummy, damn good food, and is meant to leave you drooling. Don't feel constrained by the current look of the blog, I'm happy to change it.
- What I love about my current blog is the homepage with tiles that pop up for each blog post. I'd be happy to continue with this format rather than one long list of posts. I'm happy though for the tiles to look a little different, perhaps with each tile shaped like a polaroid picture, or with a little tagline I could write for them.
- When each post comes up, I'd like there to be some suggestions at the bottom for "Other yummy things you might like", and links (with small pictures) to other similar blog posts.
- A search bar.
- A link to the home page.
- Easy browsing through different categories, perhaps on the RHS of the page. I'd like one for each of the following: "Where are you?"; "What do you feel like?"; "How's your wallet looking?"; and "What's in the archive?". I want these to be quite prominent and easy to use, so people can navigate around the blog seamlessly. Ideally, these would be visible on the RHS but with all categories closed. Clicking on one category would either open up another list of drop-down choices, or go to the page including all those categories.
- A little box or text saying "Let's get in touch!" that brings up a fresh email to my email account.
- Icons linking to my Facebook, twitter and instagram pages.
- A live feed of recent pictures from instagram.
- Boxes at the top of the page (underneath the title ribbon) that have links to important pages, e.g. "About", "Wish list", "Current favourites", "Best of".
- An interactive map that allows the viewer to zoom in and out of Melbourne and click on pins that correspond to each place I've written about. Clicking on the pin would bring up the full blog post on that place. I'm not sure how well this would function or if it'll look good - many of the interactive maps I've seen aren't great but maybe you have some ideas!
- A statistic on the RHS of the page, with the total number of page views.
I hope these are all achievable goals! I'd suggest also taking a look at the following food blogs for inspiration on the type of aesthetic and functionality I'm looking for:
- [url removed, login to view] - Probably as close as I can get to the kinds of things I'd like included in mine.
- [url removed, login to view] - This is also a great look.
- [url removed, login to view] - Also great.
- [url removed, login to view] - I like this layout, but I'd like mine a little more feminine.
- [url removed, login to view] - I like the aesthetic of this one (though I'd prefer posts to be organised into pop-up tiles).
- [url removed, login to view] - The colourful ribbon at the top is good here, but I don't like how large each post is on the home page.
- [url removed, login to view] - This is too girly but I like the RHS features.
I look forward to hearing from you and building a delicious-looking new blog!