I need help with a custom quote request form on my website. Following is detailed project brief.
I have a website with 7 pages of products on it. Each product page has hundreds of different products listed on it (3283 products total on the site). There is no e-commerce functionality on the website. Instead the goal is to make it super easy for potential customers to generate a custom quote request for the products they're interested in while visiting the website. No prices are listed on the website so the quote itself doesn't have to be generated on the site and visitors don't need the ability to checkout and pay from the site. Instead a quote request needs to be sent via email to me as the site owner.
Here is how I need it to work:
1) While browsing the different product pages, visitors should be able to enter a quantity desired and click an "add to quote" button next to any of the individual products on any of the different product pages. The quantity fields must be filled in before the corresponding product can be added to the custom quote.
2) When the "add to quote" button is clicked on, a small pop-up window (lightbox-facebook style) should appear, displaying a list of all products that have been added to the quote request thus far. Quantities for the products requested should be editable from this pop-up. If the "add to quote" button was clicked on but no quantity was entered, a message should be displayed letting the visitor know that the desired product was not added to their quote request because they did not enter a quantity.
3) At any point during the browsing experience (and from any of the product pages or from the pop-up that appears after a product is added to the quote request) a visitor should be able to click a "view quote request so far" button that takes them to a new page to see which products have already been added to their quote request. This page would be like a "view cart" page in a shopping cart system. Quantities for each of the products added to the quote request should be editable from this page
4) From the "view quote request" page visitors should be able to enter their name, business name, email address, phone number, and any additional questions or comments they have and then click a "send quote request" button. The name, business name, email address, and phone number fields should all be required fields.
5) Once the "send quote request" button is clicked, all of the information entered by the visitor, including a list of the products they have requested quotes for and quantities for each, as well as the visitor's name, business name, email address, phone number, and additional questions, should be sent via email to my email address.
I will provide the 7 product lists in excel format. Product lists include the unique product part number and the product name (product names are not unique). Simple divs should be used throughout this project (no tables) to display each product part number, product name, the quantity field, and add to quote button - so I can later style the pages using css.
I will need to be able to get into the code and easily add, edit, or remove products from any of these pages in the future, so keeping things simple and clean is important. I'll also need to be able to understand what you've done enough to add new product pages in the future.
I will provide ftp access to my server. If you need me to set up a MySQL database and user for this project, just provide the info you need and I'll do so.