I want to provide an on-line equipment quoting form for my salesman. Currently they must quote from catalogs.
I work in Microsoft Visual Studio using VB (VB only please).
The basic concept is:
For each Model there are one to several order groups. Each group can have one to several order codes. Some groups are required (at least one), others are optional. In the required groups, one but only one order code must be selected (radiobuttonlist). In the optional groups, none or multiple order codes may be selected (checkboxlist).
I would like to use a repeater control to display the group information, then nest either radiobuttonlists or checkboxlists within the repeater (depending on if selection of a code in the group is required or optional).
The page should have 3 buttons
1. Calculate…Adds up all the selected order codes and provides a total
2. Reset…Clears all selected order codes and starts over.
3. Save Quote…Writes selected order codes to a table
I already have in place forms to add the order code groups and the order codes. I just need this form to display and process them.
I am primarily needing the code part of this; don’t worry about the html formatting, as I will be modifying that to match the rest of my site. However, I do want this built using a repeater rather than a gridview and if you could use Dataset/TableAdapters it would be great.
Attached is a Visual Studio Website with a SQL database pre loaded with tables and sample data. You will have to add the table for the saved quotes. Also attached is a PDF file of the catalog page used for the sample data so you can get a better idea of the page I want.
As a bonus for me, look at the way I fill the [url removed, login to view] page and tell me if there’s a better way.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
SQL Server 2005
Visual Studio 2005