I'm putting the last touches on a directory type website and I need to do a little 'tinkering' with the script to iron out a few problems.
I've been trying to get support from the people who made the script, but getting no answers.
These are the problems/tweaks I'd like you to look at. These points are written the same way as when I wrote to the developer for support. That means that they won't make total sense until you actually get to look around the site/script. I hope, though, that they'll give you a good idea of what the project is about.
- I've just added a test listing called "178,000 Hits" via the 'add a listing' page. Once submitted, I get the usual 'your listing will
be added as soon as possible...' message. However, when I run a search for "178", the book is already listed immediately even though the option to check listings before inclusion is checked in the script admin.
- Again, on the search function. I ran a search for the term "safelist script instructions". If I search with the 'All Words' option, I get the result I expected. However, if I search with the 'AnyWords' option, the results seem to be in the wrong order. The first result contains only the word 'instructions'. The second result contains only the word 'safelist'. The third result, however, contains all three words searched for.
- Again on the search function. If I run a search for "the that" using "Any Words" (OR) I get 54 results. However, when I click 'next' at the bottom of the first page of results, the search changes to AND and the next page indicates just 10 results overall. This is a problem that I really need to get fixed.
- When deciding to 'delete' NEWLY ADDED links, they were not removed to thrash. However, when I return to the 'new links' page later and click the accept/delete link, the accept and delete buttons are no longer available -- just a submit button?
- Better handling of updates? I've run a test with a listing I added myself. I was able to log in and update the listing with no problem. I also received the admin email saying that a listing had been updated. However, when I log in to the admin area, I have no way of knowing which listing has been updated or which version of the listing is the most recent. How does this work?
1) Just the script with modifications