This app will connect to VFDs that drive ac motors through Bluetooth using a protocol, I have a PDF for this protocol and I also made an Eclipse project that will auto calculate the checksum in the protocol, the checksum is all the characters added together in hex, then the last 2 digits of the result are put at the end of the original string.
This app would have a very simple GUI controlling the different variables that go into making the string then sending it to the drive through bluetooth.
Example: to RUN FORWARD at 10.0 Hz = "(10100)43"
"(" start, "1" FORWARD, "0100" 10.0 Hz, ")" end, "43" checksum
I think I would like it if the app used a hamburger view setting to switch between past paired devices to make it easy to establish a connection with the Bluetooth device.
As far as changing the actual values, maybe a seekbar for changing the speed and a toggle for determining forward or reverse, and the same thing for changing the value of acceleration time and deceleration time. Also displaying the values of the variables that they are changing and at that same spot let them be able to type it in manually as well.
The features above are the main ones, but would also want to be able to use other commands as well, such as sending the (0)81 Monitor command, which the VFD will return with many numbers in a string such as bus voltage, temperature, and current status.
The examples of basic communication with the VFD through a Bluetooth terminal app will be provided. In one command that I sent it responded with nothing, this was because the value in the command was over the max allowed, in the provided protocol PDF, all the MIN and MAX values are provided.
I did start making this app myself, I am not a complete beginner in programming, but I wouldn't have enough time to complete this. In simple terms, it's like a Bluetooth terminal app, but instead it will have a comfortable GUI and implemented with the proprietary protocol.
If there are any questions about preferences or anything please ask me. I think the budget for this project should be somewhere around $150 to $300. The result I would like are all the necessary files in a project folder that I can compile into an APK, and the APK itself.