Please read completely before responding. Thank you for responding.
Develop & deliver a complete working prototype IR emitter & receiver pair to connect to a Raspberry PI device (preferably) via USB, serial (RS232) ports. An off the shelf hardware board that you may find with customized firmware/software will be our best choice, but a custom hardware may be considered. Use SAE J2601 standard with ASIL ISO 26262 compliant HW. This will be made into a finished product in second phase with plastic coating. We shall supply the software driver at application layer. Attached file has more details on the requirements. The power supply will be 5VDC. Use components that are C1D2 compliant. If you have questions, please submit them. Please refrain from sending messages like 'Hi' , 'Are you there'. Instead submit the questions or agenda for discussion, to save time for both parties.
The finished solution you supply will become our property completely & you will own no interest of any kind in it. All the HW designs, list of materials, models/makes, supported documents & software/firmware, development environments will also be submitted to us (so there are no dependencies on us for any future modifications). Only serious candidates need to respond. Your bid must stay valid for 3 weeks after you submit. Delivery within 2 weeks of award is desired.
Twice weekly status update will be required. No upfront.
1. Identify the material list with makes/models. 3days
2. Start submitting twice weekly status.
3. Supply a beta version of emitter & receiver module. 1week
4. Incorporate any comments, fix bugs & deliver a test pair. 1/2 week
5. Incorporate final list of items & deliver the final product as a prototype. 1/2 week
6. Submit all the documentation, supporting tools etc. & training. 1/2 week