I need some graphic design. I need some vector artwork AND animation for a music app.
The underlying theme here is FUN, but for the sake of clarity, this description will be pretty specific, somewhat technical, and relatively dry :P
I am looking to work directly with a designer/animator (no middle-men/women) who can see the project through to completion without being micromanaged.
You MUST show an attention to detail, both in the resulting artwork and how it is constructed (it must be organized!)
I need three types of assets:
1. Vector artwork of characters all drawn in a similar style. The characters need to be diverse: one male and female of several ethnicities/races, including, but not limited to black, white, korean, chinese, hispanic, etc.
2. Animation sequences of each character dancing (bopping?) with a microphone in their hand, and dancing while singing (holding the mic up to their mouths). The sequences should loop and be the same number of frames so that they can be synchronized to the beat of music. Assume a time signature of 4/4. Each character can be animated similarly but they should feel and look unique if several characters are placed and animated in the same scene.
3. Animation sequences of scenes/venues. Scenes should include, but not be limited to a living room, a stage, a nightclub, a bar. Animated scenes may include placed characters. The idea here is to show what the scene could look like with characters in different places and the scene should generally look good if any of the characters were replaced with others. The scenery should be optimized for display at a ratio of 16:9, but should also “work” if viewed at 4:3. e.g. placed characters shouldn’t be partially cropped in 4:3 but it’s OK if a character is FULLY cropped as long as everything still appears natural.
* All vector art should be delivered in the original format (.ai, .afdesign, etc.). The artwork must have appropriately named layers and should be grouped logically (e.g. a vector drawing of a person should be grouped into body parts). Organization is important.
* Animations MUST be done with Adobe After Effects and should ONLY include vector assets. Similar layer guidelines apply here as well. Organization is extremely important.
How To Apply:
Please start with a brief description of your qualifications, why you are a good fit for this project, and anything else you would like to share about yourself and the work you do.
Send links to any relevant vector artwork and/or animations.
If you are willing, please share a sample source file (.ai, .afdesign, .aep, etc.) to demonstrate what a deliverable from you might look like.