Develop a system to track and manage advertising bookings using incoming invoice information from Freshbooks. The system could be build on an existing platform (eg. Zoho Creator).
Currently we are using a Google Spreadsheet (that I can send you) that is manually updated and shared between 5-10 people. This is working ok, but is far too freeform and prone to problems. We have different people who are interested in different types of bookings, so keeping each booking type in its own table makes sense.
The system should have the following features:
- When invoices are send in Freshbooks, the invoice details should be sent to the booking system and line items of each type should be created in their own tables (Support for multiple instances of the same type per invoice)
- Users should be able to see/add/edit information on each line item (there will be extra info that isn't in the invoice such as dates, other notes, etc)
- Ideally, if/when changes are made in Freshbooks (using the notification tool), the system would know and send a notification if the invoice now doesn't match what it in the booking system.
- Should show live payment status for all invoices
- Should have links to the invoice in Freshbooks for convenience
Zoho Creator looks like it might be a good platform for this, rather than building it all from scratch (which I assume will cost WAY more). It has some nice features like easy notifications, calendar views, etc.