1. DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
1.1 REQUIRED EXPERTISE
Make sure that you/the team is proficient in the following subjects:
• JSP, JAVA programming language and J2EE including JPA (Persistence)
• GlassFish application server including security
• Web-services - in particular RESTful
• JSON, XML, DOM and related subjects
• SQL language and MySQL database
Your objective is to implement the UI of a single tabbed window in a Web application. The application is based on Java EE 7 and the development platform is Netbeans version 8.x.
The functionality of the application is to display and manage financial information for our organization.
The application’s main features are:
• A GUI that consumes RESTful web services. The database is MySQL. The UI part, including your implementation will only access the RESTful services, not the database – but you will need a deployed MySQL server in order to develop and test the application.
• It is deployed on a GlassFish application server - latest version (currently 4.x)
• Secured: Using basic authentication and some security roles are defined in this project
This project is a part of a larger project, and the additional parts will be published on this web site in the future.
RESTful web-services functionality and entities are already implemented in the project. If you believe that you will need additional services for your implementation then please indicate and I will consider it.
YOUR TASK IS TO IMPLEMENT A TABBED WINDOW (“ACTIONS”) TO AN EXISTING SET OF WINDOWS
The data model for the displayed tables, is originated from a set of RESTful web-services that are included in this application. After you will install the database files and deploy the existing application, open the [url removed, login to view] page and test the RESTful services. Netbeans provides a simple way to inspect web services by right-clicking on the project’s icon and selecting “Test RESTful Web Services”.
Download and unzip the file RISKVIEW004.ZIP. Extract the following files:
• Netbeans project folder (zipped): [url removed, login to view] - unzip it first.
• Database dump file (zipped) - unzip it first
• Detailed project description document is provided within the project’s ZIP archive: RISKVIEW004.ZIP.
To summarize the project tasks:
• Unzip and import the provided database dump file into your MySQL server.
• Add three users to your GlassFish server: admin, user and user2. The web application has a login form and basic authentication roles, similar to the tutorial here: (or search in Yahoo or Google for Netbeans security-webapps): [url removed, login to view]
• Unzip and open the included “RiskView” project. Build and deploy the application, and test the services links (located in [url removed, login to view] and linked from the root page.)
• Make sure that the existing application works properly - look at the “BALANCES” tab and test the RESTful web services.
• Develop the functionality of the “ACTIONS” panel according to this project’s requirements.
• Test the application and verify that the other pages are still working.
For your convenience the section PROJECT TASKS SUMMARY, in the project document summarizes tasks and suggested milestones. Follow section ACCEPTANCE and fulfill all submission demands.