[login to view URL] data
Name: Yonas Gidey ageze
Address: Valkyriegata 21B
0366 Oslo Norway
Marital Status: Married
2. Educational Qualifications:
-Diploma in Norwegian language studies, Adults Program, Hamar, Norway 2009-2011
- 5th year student, Bachelor of Legal Law/LLB/ (St. Mary\'s University College, Mekele and Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 2005-2008)
- MA Degree in International Law /Amsterdam University (Correspondence), The Netherlands,2000/
- BA Degree in Ethiopian Languages and Literature/ Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia,1989/
- Diploma in Basic Health science course, Dessie, Health Assistants Institution, ( Dessie, Ethiopia( 1984)
3..Summary of Relevant Work Experiences
**2010-present..** Translator and Interpreter in 3 companies,namely, African Translation PLc, USA, Noricom Translation Services, and Hero Nerge Norway
**2009-2010**...Health Care and Social worker , Stange Elders` Home and Ottestad Asylum Seekers Center, Provide general health care and Hygiene services, translation and social support services.
**2007-2008**- Team coordinator, Complaints and public Service Division, Ethiopian Ombudsman Institution, Planning and coordinating Case handling, preparation of resolutions and Reports, Participation in the public awareness and training.
-Legal Advisor of Tigray Regional State Council
As a legal advisor I assisted the Council as well as the speaker in drafting & reviewing Legislation bills and support council committees in their oversight duties as well as participation in public awareness and training.
**1996-2005**-Ethiopian Parliament Member/MP/, representing my people of Alamata locality, I served my constituency for ten years.
As member of the two below mentioned Committees, I carried out effectively parliamentary oversighting and legislation duties.
As an active member , I used to propose important issues, draft bills and resolutions, forward constructive opinions and recommendations in both the committee level and parliament sessions, prepared reports of evaluation on quarterly and annual performance reports of the executive agencies.
As a member of the friendship group, I contributed my share in strengthening the Ethio-French relations by participating in both the National Group and French delegates meetings.
* Member of Economic Affairs Committee( 1997-2003)
* Member of Trade and Industry Affairs Committee( 2003-2005)
* Member of Ethio- French Friendship Group( 1998-2005)
**1994- 96** -Language Curriculum developer),by taking an intensive Course on Curriculum development ,I was promoted to the post of Curriculum Developer for one of our Vernaculars, Tigrigna, for about three years.
As a curriculum designer, I was successful in developing the whole sets of curriculum components. To mention some, Students textbooks from grade 1-12 and their corresponding teachers guides, design teaching aids and complimentary teaching materials, including for both Adult education and primary Teachers Education.
**1990-93**- High School Language Teacher(after graduating from Addis Ababa University in Ethiopian Languages and Literature in Bachelor of Arts level, I taught language courses /the Vernacular Amharic language/in high school for three years.
**1984-85**,-After graduating from recognized Institution as Health Assistant , I served my people as junior health professional in my locality for about one year and six months until I leave for higher learning.
**[login to view URL] of Publications**
- Legal Conditions of Self-defense : A Case Study of the Ethio-Eritrean Conflict / MA Tesis, 2000/
**[login to view URL] Proficiency**
Language Spoken Reading Writing
Amharic V. good V. good V. good
Tigrigna V. good V. good V. good
English V. good V. good V. good
Norwegian good good good
Area of Expertise
- Translator in four languages, cited above
- Article writer, reviewer
- Proof-reader, data entery
- basic legal services**