This opportunity is available to anyone who has 'strong' knowledge of C++ on a linux platform. Please review all attached documents and give me your thoughts on your capability/availability to get this project
Currently my client has Security Camera software that allows his company to record up to 8 cameras simulataneously. As camera streams come across the Internet they are stored in files. A second 'manual' process is on a daily basis and individual converts all camera streams to avi files.
The camera software comes with API documentation to create your own interface to use with the camera hardware.
What Needs To Be Developed
The camera software is written in C++ and has C++ API calls to interact with the camera hardware. What needs to be done is the following:
1) Create a NEW camera software application which will allow a administrator to monitor up to 50 cameras simultaneously. Now obviously, if the too many resources are taken up to do this, we will cut down on the number of cameras we monitor. The developer and myself will performance test this portion of the application.
2) As the video feeds come into the server, they are stored into temporary files. Every 30 minutes we will create a new file and simulataneously convert the file just recorded to an avi format.
3) Other things. There will be a login to this application. There will also be calls to a MySQL database (I will be creating database) which will contain properties on how to connect to each of the cameras. The database will also contain locations
on what server and directory to store each of the camera files once there converted to an AVI format.
Well thats about it. I've got some attached documents you should review.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Application will run on a Linuix system